Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Mission Letter Week 5 - 19 August 2013

(In response to the news that we bought him a heavy duty missionary bike:)

Elder 9:
WOOO!!!!  THANK YOU. Like, for reals. Big time thank you. I’m sooooo HAPPY. The bike I’ve been borrowing is terrible. It works, but its old .____. Thank you!!!! I will take very good care of it and, where location permits I will lock it like its supposed to be. I say that because in neighborhoods there’s no place for a U-lock so we have to use a chain lock...  Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Elder 9:

And that is AWESOME about the neighbors!! Any kids Emily's age??

Elder Brak.

- - - - - - 

(In response to his father’s comment: “Looks pretty dry out there. Remember to drink lots and lots of…???”):


Elder 9:
BUG JUICE!! And yes it is very dry out here...I go through close to 3 L of water in about 1.5 hr. FAST. I got the bladder by the way. :D I have talked to the Mission President by the way. (I wrote you by hand about this) and long story made short, the shoulder bag hurts my lower back and I have medical permission to use a backpack. :D Could you send my black Camelback bag by any chance?? It should be in my red trunk that I packed up...thanks. :)))

 I don't have a ton of pics yet so I’m good for now. I’ll let you know when to send another one (SD Card).  If necessary. Ive learned to be very......efficient out here. haha. :D


Elder 9:
The only thing I've gotten from the mission home is the package you sent. I LOVE MY SHEETS!!!!!! :D and the PILLOW!!!!


(Mom asked how he was doing Physically, Mentally, Emotionally, and Spiritually):

I am physically WIPED OUT. But I wake up everyday and the Spirit LITERALLY is carrying me the rest of the way. All I have to do is stand up out of bed and say "LET'S RIDE". Mentally we all know I'm challenged ;)  But I'm OK there. Emotionally I'm just a little tired but it's getting better as the days go by and the work progresses. And spiritually I feel like Mr Universe. COME AT ME BRO.

I'M SO EXCITED TO GET THE BIKE!!! :))) Thank you!!!!! I will do everything in my power to get very good care of the bike :)))) I promise.

I have been borrowing a bike from a Brother M in our ward here. He's super cool :D It's an old bike and tough to use but it works. The new one will be WAY better. :)

YES I got the package!!! :D I already emailed Daddy and asked but I’ll ask you too, could you guys please send me my black Camelback backpack? The shoulder is hurting my lower back where it used to hurt so the mission doctor told me to switch asap. I’m borrowing Elder C’s bag for now. (He’s the DL for another district. Cool guy.)

Packages still go to the mission home and they forward it to me from there. Use USPS for that not UPS or DHL or FedEx or anything.

The baptismal stuff is awesome. :D Thanks!!

ORLI IS SO CUTE!!!! The guys are jelly. >:)

I do not know an Elder H...Elder C I've already talked about. Cool beans! He’s super tall and just as awesome. :P And his comp, Elder C is cool too. I think C is as new as me....maybe Elder C is the Sr comp as well as the District Leader in his District. My DL is Elder J. :D He’s cool too.


WOW. Daddy did tell me that but not in all that detail. (A lady recognized Bob "must be Jonathan's Dad" by his goofiness when she first met us.) It's hilarious that that lady could tell daddy and I were both alike in our silliness! I am glad that I made the right choices back then and that you guys taught me to do so. Thank you.

(In response to his mother’s comment that she had read in the scriptures in 1 Nephi 3:5-8 something that she felt inspired she should share with Elder Nine):

OK. My turn to get teary eyed. I gave a talk in church yesterday and I used that scripture......I don't even know what to say. Just....wow.

I wish I could say more but I have to go soon so I’ll share a brief thought before I go. (The Sisters before us took up some extra time.)

And pics will have to wait till next week. sorry. :(


Faith. Hope. Charity. Humility.


WOW. Sadly that’s all I can write. I’m getting kicked off. I’ll expound next week. I love you guys SO much!! Take care!!

Elder Nine

No comments:

Post a Comment