Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Mission Letter Week 56 - 11 August 2014

Emily, I like the glasses! It's funny because I was talking with my fellow missionaries here and we were talking about whether we should all get glasses like that. XD We probably won’t just because it costs money, but oh well. :P

You wanna go on a mission?! AWESOME! Missions are great because of those exact things you mentioned. It changes us for the better and we can help others have the same change :) It’s one of the greatest and hardest things someone can do. At least hardest at the time when you go. :P

HAHAHA! I love the story about Sunday School!! I do not laugh at the hardship of course, but just at the fact that I was one of rowdy kids that wouldn’t be quiet a lot of the time! XD But, I did learn. I learned a lot! Sunday School is awesome!

I DO HAVE SOME PICTURES!! but Elder Ray forgot to bring his camera where the pics are stored...........so not today. :'(

Braky, I ask myself that same question of you :p - and the answer.... probably. We'll find out.

That sounds like an awesome day at the temple.....then again aren't they always?? Sister H went through the temple!! WOOO!! I remember being there for some of their first lessons and helping them out and stuff! They are a good family. Good to hear.

Hahaha! Better keep those buttons on! They run out fast I hear. XD Cool to hear about the temple presidency!

Sad to hear to about A., though. Hope she does okay! Tell ‘em I'm praying for them!

N.!!!!! GET GOING (on a mission)!!!!!! (You can tell him I said that, with all the love in my heart. :D )

And, yes, that is exactly what Scouts is for! That’s why the church has embraced it so much for the YM in the church. It teaches leadership, being honest, the whole scout law! And it is invaluable in this world now, more than ever before. And the more the Young Men participate, and the young women in the Young Women's program, the better-off this world is going to be for the great leaders, parents and examples we will have.

Mama, Emily is 5 foot 11!?!?!??!?! whatatatsakldgflkahsbrglkhhbasfglbsargtklp!!!!!!!??!?!?!?!?!??!??!?! NO.

And I move on… :D

That is AWESOME to hear about the temple work that has been done for our family! That is something we have been using to help people gain an interest in the church and I always talk about how nice it is to have our families sealed together. It’s nice to feel that myself, too. :) Indexing is super fun and easy! I was doing a little bit before I left, because President H asked me to. haha. Good man. And Indexing is good too.

Yay for tech-friendly missionary work!!! Soon I'll be doing that. haha. When we get those stinkin' iPads!! It'll happen...patience....sorry talking to myself again...

I LOVE THE LAMB OF GOD CD’s!!!!!! :D One of my favorite choral...shows.... arrangements....whatevs :P and I love the Daniel Beck CD too; if there is more of him...I wouldn’t cry.... XD Speaking of singing, Brother W and I are singing a duet of Abide With Me ’Tis Eventide this Sunday!! And Sister W will be playing the piano :D IT’S GONNA BE AWESOME!!! He’s a champion singer, and Sister W is flawless on the piano! :)

Brak, I hope all goes well with work btw. I'll be praying for you and the family. Good luck! And of course, follow the Spirit...but you already know that. You guys taught me that!

So, as far as investigators go, we are working with L, T and J (L and T are engaged and J is her brother.) E, who is getting BAPTIZED this Thursday!!! :DDDDDDDDD has asked that I do the baptism and the confirmation for him! So we are really excited for him this week! It’s only BEEN a week or two since even meeting the guy! Talk about prepared!

We are also teaching a young woman, J who is the daughter of a less active mother in our ward who is trying to reactivate and we are teaching both of them right now. :) They are super cool, and J already has a bunch of friends from Young Women!

And that’s pretty much it as far as "progressing" peeps goes. Still trying to work with some others but we may have to drop them if they don’t meet with us soon. Then there is the E family! They are awesome, have been taught in the past and already have a testimony of it all so we just have to recap and baptize them, if they are ever free to meet with us... >.< seems to be a theme here! :P

I LOVE the ward here! And yes, I, or we, are really trying to involve the youth here. There are quite a few that are getting ready for missions so we just want to encourage them. :) And take them on lessons whenever possible too!

A little response to the snail mail letters:

The X-Long tie you sent, the lavender one, is PERFECT length for me! Thanks again for that btw. And I also really like the camel poem you sent with the box. :) It was cool to see the similarities between camels and missionaries! And my bag and bike are both doing great! Especially since getting my bike tuned in Ridgecrest. :)

College: Well, I knew this day would come but holy cow is it sooner than I thought....Ew.  First off, when would classes start for fall 2015? I may need to study before starting classes to warm up so it depends on how long that gives me... I would imagine I would need a few weeks, maybe even a month...but IDK for sure.

I was thinking of going to Provo. I like the idea of the cheap deal with Pathway, but I seems to do better when I have a class to attend. It helps me focus and internalize. Plus being roommates with Peterson, or Flint or something like that or being down the hall from them would be RADICAL!! (Yes. Radical. Don’t judge.)  Sadly though, Hjorth is going to Utah State not Provo...but it’s close by. :P haha.

Answers to questions in snail mail:

I’m in area #1

I’m doing okay on clothes and shoes and the like, but my short sleeves are SUPER baggy and my slacks are starting to be baggy again and can’t be tailored any smaller. You can only take so much off a pair of pants! haha. So just a thought for the future. :P

I'll be good without copies of the newsletter. One way or another, I'll hear about the important things. :)

I think the most valuable thing I have learned in the last month or so has been to just work hard and trust God. It doesn't matter what’s going on, just tuck it in and run through (to use a football reference). The Lord will guide us if we are doing our part...so the thing I’ve learned is, DO MY PART. Kinda silly and simple...but more truthful than anything else too.

I have been a witness to too many miracles to NOT believe that there is a Divine work going these days. Across the world. I am but a small part of that work, but every bit of it is a small part. That’s why everybody has to do their part, so it all HAPPENS. Everybody adds only so much, but if 16-plus million people are adding a little here and a little there...BOOM. The world changes. In a flash. Time is short and we are running out. There's no time to waste. I love you all and I love my God. I will not, I cannot, I'll never forsake!

BYE!

~ Elder 9 

No comments:

Post a Comment