Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Mission Letter Week 10 - 23 September 2013

EMILY!!!!

THE KEY FOR THE GUITAR CASE IS TAPED TO THE BACK OF THE GUITAR CASE. :D So you can play it now, and you can have all those knives....... Except for maybe the Winchester one if that’s one of them... I can't remember if I packed that or not. The lantern lights for your bedroom sound like they are really pretty. :) I wish I had nice lights! hahaha. Sorry my reply is so short.  Wish I could go longer.

BRAAAK! (aka: Dear Daddy,)
You can keep the tops.  I didn’t like the way they fit me. Glad they work for you.  I’m good on everything for now...... although I may need 2 more shirts...we shall see. Gotta keep it short for the details. :) Love you!

MAMA,
I love you! :) I did get your letter before Monday...I got it on the 20th I believe.

Everyone now...

I’m pretty sure I already replied about the Stake Conference thing that happened. That was crazy to the extreme! But ours over here was way nicer.  It was the Sunday before last and all the missionaries in the Stake got up to recite The Standard of Truth in the middle of President C's talk! :D Totally AWESOME.

I need a ton more stamps! I can just buy them here, but I need more than 50 cents in my account, as that is something I have to use the home card for...why DO I only have 50 cents by the way? I was sure I had more... Sorry it seems like I'm spending a lot of money from home by the way. There have been a lot of things going on. Like needing to get an adjustable stem for my bike because, as it turns out, the handle bars are a bit low for me... plus a quick tune and some labor cost it was about $66. We found a really nice bike shop with good service here so I am happy. Also, speaking of the bike, I took a spill last Tuesday.  It was hilariously dumb. I’m OK, the bike is OK (though that’s why I had a tune up, so I made sure it was OK,) but I totally ruined my light gray slacks. :( That was the worst of it. I am healing from some sweet looking abrasions. hahaha! I'll attach a couple pics. :P

So far this journal I have is OK for now (not full yet)...I'll let you know if I need another one, but I'll probably just buy one out here. :)

I feel dumb... there are a number of things it would seem that I didn’t pack up before I left. Yes I’d like to keep the Lindsey Stirling shirt. lol!

T IS GOING TO RENO FOR HIS MISSION?!!  That's actually hilarious, I think! Hahaha! Good to hear though! :D Tell him congrats for me and someone hug the guy for me, for pete's sake. :)

I am good for towels and sheets but thank you for asking. :D

No health problems except for not being able to stay on my silly bike. But I don't think that one is “helpable”. Haha!

As for recipes, I'd love some!! Sooo, yeah totally send those please.......with Nutella! :D


Enro shirts. :D 3 would be epic. THANK YOU!!!! or 2.....or even 1 would be awesome.  If you can and if it isn’t too much hassle try to make as "normal" fitting around the middle as possible because the ones I have are a bit baggy and it’s kind of inconvenient. (I’m good with them but if we can help it in the future that’d be swell.) :D

Gift cards?!?! WOOOOHHOOOOOOO!!!!! So Carl's Jr....and.....Tom's if you can find any.....and Primos....... So yeah. :D Sweet!!!

That was an awesome note at the end that Emily wrote on the board. :D I love you guys!

Okay my turn. So this week I am going to focus on what I have learned as the week itself has been rather........slow. Except for the "Sabbath Day Open House" that brought over 30 non-members to church! :D More details on that later as we see more results in the future.

Alrighty. OBEDIENCE IS EVERYTHING. Those three words, in that order will lead you right. EXACT OBEDIENCE. By living those two words, we will live happily with our Heavenly Father.

D&C 132:12 - “I am the Lord they God; and I give unto you this commandment - that no man shall come unto the Father but by me or by my word, which is my law, saith the Lord.”
God, Christ, and their Word, is Law

Moroni 10:32-33 - “Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God. / And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of this blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot.”
We are saved by grace and we are perfected and sanctified in Christ

D&C 88:34 - “And again, verily I say unto you, that which is governed by law is also preserved by law and perfected and sanctified by the same.”  We are perfected and sanctified by law.

As we see in these scriptures, Christ is Law, we are sanctified through Christ and saved by grace....Christ embodies grace and so He IS grace. We also see that we are sanctified by Law...or rather obedience TO the Law. If you are adding all this together yet, you see now that through Obedience to the Law, which is God and His Son, we are saved by their grace.....it sounds simple over email but it is so much deeper than what it seems...study those scriptures and add them together. Take these simple truths and add them together...then take Moses 6:5-7...read it now before continuing.

( “And a book of remembrance was kept, in the which was recorded, in the language of Adam, for it was given unto as many as called upon God to write by the spirit of inspiration; And by them their children were taught to read and write, having a language which was pure and undefiled. Now this same Priesthood, which was in the beginning, shall be in the end of the world also.”)

The word “Priesthood” in there is the first time it appears in the Pearl of Great Price scripture. If you pay close attention you see that LANGUAGE IS PRIESTHOOD. Priesthood is essentially the language of Adam. It says it was undefiled. What that means is they were OBEDIENT and were so aligned with the will of God and Christ that their Word was the same as the Word of God and so there was power in their words. That's why Priesthood is used by SPEAKING or OBEYING. (And that is why we “lose” the Priesthood, it’s power,  if we are ever unrepentant and/or defiling the Priesthood in any way by using it unrighteously.) Blessings are an example of a speaking-use of Priesthood and an example of just obeying is when Moses was commanded to part the Red Sea by putting his staff in the water.....it is by OBEDIENCE that there is power in the Priesthood. Yes, you still have to receive the Priesthood, giving you the AUTHORITY to use that Priesthood, but it is through our Obedience that gives us that POWER of the Priesthood.
My. Mind. Was. BLOWN. And it is so much deeper than all this makes it sound. I wish I could share it in person....GAH! Read those scriptures over again and study them. Find out for yourselves. OBEDIENCE IS EVERYTHING. It is literally EVERYTHING. Like, you just don't even get it!!!!! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!!! AAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!! OBEEYYYYY.  Exact obedience WILL bring miracles. I promise you all that.

I PROMISE YOU BY THE POWER AND AUTHORITY OF GOD THAT AS YOU ARE EXACTLY OBEDIENT, YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER WILL BLESS YOU AND BRING MIRACLES INTO YOUR LIFE.

I am more serious now than ever before in my life. EVER. And that is a very serious promise. Be exactly obedient. And not just in the things you know of. Look for more things to obedient about. And those things you think you are obedient about, double and triple check to make sure. If there is even the TINIEST doubt in your mind about something you are doing in relation to Obedience, CHANGE NOW. Don't wait. LOOK FOR OPPORTUNITIES to be obedient, so you can receive those blessings, miracles, and power!!!! DO IT.

I love you guys, the above is my testimony. I am out of time so sadly no pictures. :( Next week I'll make sure to send some though!

Lots of LOVE,

Elder Nine

No comments:

Post a Comment