Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

Mission Letter Week 77 - 5 January 2015

'Ullo Every Ooonnneeeeeee!! :D

We had a great week this week! We had a great lesson with D, one of our investigators. I can’t remember if I told you but he has a 50+ year old habit/addiction to smoking. So we have been working on that with him and he has set some good goals. He actually has committed HIMSELF to read the Book of Mormon, come to Church every Sunday and pray to know if it is all true! He is great and we love him to death... not literally. :P So we are looking forward to great things with D. Also with J, if he can get his head straight and remember that HE is the one that wanted to start with the missionaries, and he should follow through because he felt it was right and now he's just being rebellious… Not like I know what being rebellious is like... because I never did that... no, no, see I was a perfect child.... now stop laughing!

We also found a new friend of ours to teach, L! She is in her 40s or 50s and just won a big fight with cancer and is very much interested in what we are teaching her. We just had our first lesson with her but she didn’t make it out to Church, most likely because she was still feeling kinda down after the cancer stuff. :(

So that's pretty much the highlights of the week! Besides exchanges when I went with Elder Boy, our DL. I LOVE ELDER BOY! He is so freaking awesome and I love him. Great DL and great Missionary, and a great friend. :D Yay! haha.

Emily,

Wow, that sounds like a really cool pre-party for New Year’s Eve! I never went to those... (it's kind of a girl thing.) XD But I know they are a lot of fun for girls! So I'm glad you got to go to that! Don't worry, because you’ve got 4 whole years where you'll get to go to dances, so no rush. And really, you don’t HAVE to go to dances, but if you do, I will be hiding in the rafters, with a tranquilizer blow dart gun and shoot all the boys on the dance floor........ :D ‘Cause I love you! Hahahahaha! I'm juuussstttt kidding…. kinda... ;)

For New Year's I didn’t do a whole lot... besides drink all the Sangria (soda) that Walmart had to offer and we had a Nerf war ‘till midnight and screamed really loud. :D But that was about it. It was kinda funny how calm it was compared to all the other New Year's parties I've had. XD But it was still a lot of fun. :) I hope you really enjoyed this New Year's and have a great year until I get home! And then keep having a great year, lol.

Love you, Emi! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Marmy,

Wow… Emily is graduating from family parties huh…………….. maybe we should just do a big family party anyways with other family friends.... like the K's! :P Who knows… it's a New Year after all, and new traditions can start in the funniest of ways!

I did hear about Brother S's family...it was very very sad...also impressive, how he handled it and still fulfilled his calling by making sure everything was in order before he "checked out" for a while. So we are working with the Ward Missionaries for a couple weeks while he gets things figured out. Both of them. We are praying for them now. :) I hope they do okay. They are mucho awesome and we love ‘em so very much.

But, that is AWESOME to hear the E.A. got her mission papers in!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Give her my bestest!!! That is always crazy-exciting!!

Sister M is 'suppa duppa dope'… dope enough to play piano while I sing in church this next Sunday!!! :D I'm singing Sally DeFord's "I Need Thee Every Hour" again. It's kind of become my mission hymn; that and "Abide With Me", but I have a copy of this arrangement so I stick with it. :P

I did get my capo and I love it! :D THANK YOU! I have already used it a couple times at some members’ homes and even once at dinner on exchanges! It was greatness. And yes it is safe to send packages to my apartment, but the Mission Office is my ward, and the M's are the ones in charge of mail so they keep a special eye out for my stuff right now! So either way works...did you get my address from Sister H? I got tired of waiting at the beginning of this transfer to find someone to text her so I just texted her myself. XP

It's okay about the letter being late, I can’t wait to read it! And this New Year has been good to me so far! Elder Angus has a TRX Suspension Trainer so for my [traditional missionary's] “6 Months To Sexy” I’m starting out with that. :D I’m sooooo sore right now. XD And we are also going to try bike to some things in our area too. Fun, fun, fun! Gotta get ready because I get home in the middle of summer! :P

Braky!

Bummer to hear about the dent. Good thing it's truck not a Prius though. ;) Hope you can work things out!

Good to hear about the young man and his dad too! Do some good. :P

I gotta run guys! Love you all!

~ Elder 9


Photos that were sent in by a kind and thoughtful member of Elder 9's Ward:



Elder 9's Zone Leaders - Elder Horan and Elder Flint





Sisters Larsen and Burkinshaw







Elders Angus and Nine




No comments:

Post a Comment