Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

Mission Letter Week 64 - 06 October 2014

Hey guys!

I wanna start off by talking about my favorite talk from General Conference! DALLIN H. OAKS!! My man. I loved his talk about Obedience and Diligence and the like...specifically the blessings that come from obedience. I have learned through a personal testimony that obedience really does bring happiness. I have never been particularly good at being Exactly Obedient, for one reason or another, whether that be schedule, or activities or something. But I know that the blessings of obedience are real. And so are the blessings we receive when we trust in our God. That is my testimony. Obey. Trust. Happy.

Emily,
Wow, that sounds like a really fun conference weekend! I spent mine with a bunch of missionaries...they're boring ;) ...AND we didn't have any waffles!! Somebody slacked on that one >:( lol.

My conference weekend was still good though. :) I took a lot of good notes too, and learned a lot about being a better missionary. Obedience is a super important thing that a lot of missionaries sometimes do not quite understand...but they are still good people doing good things. :P My favorite speaker was probably Elder Dallin H Oaks and Elder Holland. They always give really good talks!

I like my new companion! His name is Elder Parsons, and he is tall and blonde...he DOES have a younger brother...he's 5 yr old haha.

Love you too Emi!!

Mama,
Health wise I am just fine now, it was all just a passing thing. :P As far as stress goes, IDK yet. I am with Elder Parsons...which would be hilarious for you if you realized I have been around him half my mission and he keeps jumping around inside his Districts and Zones haha. He was Monica Ward next door and got transferred here! It should be good, and a lot of fun. I am excited to see how things go.

We didn’t go to Chick-Fil-A because somebody in the car wanted to go somewhere else....for some dumb reason…haha.

I don’t have any pics...well I took a few, but the events of the morning were rather scattered and I left it back at the pad and we didn’t have time to grab it. :( I'll send them next week!

I LOVED conference. It was a big boost for me and exactly what I needed. OH B T DUBS!! We are going to see that church-produced film, “Meet The Mormons” today!! And, yeah, we went to Bolthouse Farms today as well (that was the scattered morning I was talking about.) I saw SO MANY CARROTS!!!!! They process over 2 million pounds I found out...I think I said 1 million last time, but if I did, I was wrong. It's so cool! And we got free Bolthouse Farms juice too! :D Which is cool because it’s like a buhzillion dollars for one bottle at Wally town. Cray cray.

You did tell me about the video you made...and I can’t wait to see it! :D Actually, if you put it on Dropbox I might be able to put it on my USB and watch it on our portable DVD player!  (the mission-issued one to watch proselyting DVDs with) :D

I haven’t had a chance to read the weekly letter in the mail yet, but I will write a snail-mail talking about those things. :)

Thank you, Mama, I love you. Thank you for all the love and support. I literally feel it every day.

Brak (just embrace the braknicity...),

It's good to know you've got my back! There were many times where breaking rules (or noses, rather) was something I was seriously considering, just to stop everything...but I learned, thankfully the smart way, that that would not be doing anything to help out. I am healing now, and growing and learning still...It will take some time of course, to fully heal, but time and the Atonement can heal all things.

I also got a lot from this General Conference. Mostly about Obedience and the blessings from that, and from trusting God. It is vital to our survival to Trust and Obey, and to do so out of love and devotion. And that’s a whole other topic, about the attitude of our faith and obedience and trust.

I loved the music this conference. A CD would be great! I am glad that I can have such a high appreciation for music like that. It really can bring the spirit like nobody's business.

I will email Brother B. He is a champion. He is also one of my heroes (after you and mama of course.)

I love you guys. Sorry this one is short (as they too often are). Email time is short today. BYE!!

~ Elder 9 






Quotes from General Conference from talks that Elder Nine mentions:



This is why Elder Nine is serving the Lord on a 2 yr. mission:

No comments:

Post a Comment