Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Mission Letter Week 65 - 13 October 2014

About the Spring Creek BBQ package the family shipped overnight to Elder Nine: It was so good!! I don’t think I sent them to you yet, but I have some pics of me eating the food XD that will do a much better job of explaining than my words! :P It was GREAT!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!

About the video Mama made from the birthday greetings Elder Nine sent: Sweet!! I can’t wait to download it and watch it!!....but guess who forgot his stuff again .___. I actually do have pics and stuff...I just have ‘the dumb’!! Sowwy :'( I even tried to go back but the other guys wouldn't pull a U-turn... "jerks". ;)  haha.

Love you too!

Oh wait...mp4s actually don’t play on these DVD players. :O Is there any way you could convert the format to something else? :DDDDD


About Mama asking if it’s within mission rules to watch the birthday DVD: Rules-wise it’s fine. It's as if I were looking at pictures as well, because of what it is. OK music, OK pics, and an OK purpose. So yeah it’s fine. :) DVD in the mail would work. I'm not sure what other format would work. Most any would work, I just know that mp4s don’t work on it, because somebody else got a video from home to watch as well but it was mp4 and didn’t work.  (After telling him we’d send a DVD): :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD


“Meet the Mormons” movie was great! It was the first real "movie" I’ve seen in over a year too haha. And it was SO much funnier than I thought it would be. :P I liked it a lot! (All the missionaries in this mission watched a private screening of the movie because they are not allowed to attend movie theaters.)

And yes, I will be able to get back to work now. :)

About Mama’s question whether he’d be up to meeting my old BYU Roommate, who lives near by but still outside his area, so she’d need to come meet him in his area:  I would LOVE to meet L.R.!! Set it up and we'll make it happen! Yeah, President is a stickler for area boundaries (understandably so) so that would be the way we would have to do it...

And I LOVE that Elder Packer Quote (below)!!! I'll be printing that out and posting it up!!


Braky,
I wish you ALL could be closer to me while I'm being awesome...sorry. Pride. :P

I too am looking forward to some real missionary work again. Already this week has been better than my weeks have been in a long time! No super cool stories yet, but I feel ‘em coming around the corner! :D

Very true, your comments about insane young boys...I mean look at me, I didn't turn out TOO bad! All they need a is a really good example...so it's a good thing you are there. And even though you are the Ward Clerk, they still look up to you. And there are young men, who aren't so young, that still look up to you...I'm only one of them. There are many.

Love you,

Prince Brakster, son of Braakypants

Emily,
You had a Life Youth Conference!! I remember doing one of those!! Actually I was pretty close to your age too, I think! I learned the same lesson about tithing as well, funny enough! I totally forgot to pay tithing and had to make up for it! It was a blast. :D Plus all the workshops and classes on the side. It's really cool that you are getting to do a lot of the same things that I got to do. You have a lot of good experiences ahead of you too, still. Enjoy them!! :D Love you lots!

Mama,

.... Elder Parsons had a lot of good tips on dealing with other people's personalities when they are not compatible and so far things have been working out. So yes, things are healing and getting better. :)

Thank you so much, too, for your prayers and love and support. I can feel it from here. It is much needed and desired!

Good to hear you and the K’s got to hang out for a bit! I miss just being able to relax with friends every now and then...It's something I miss is all. :P

And yes, it is okay for me to email and communicate with friends as well now. That is something that was changed several years ago actually, though there was a time it was only family… I looked up the reference in the handbook and it says friends are okay :)  and more importantly, President says it's okay!

I loved “Meet The Mormons”!! I think I already told you about that though… so next! :D

I do know Sister Hokanson! She's super nice. She's in my District, yes. 


Okay, I have to stop here, because we are out of time now. I love you guys, and I hope all is going well. Send me an update in the letter this week about Jessica and Orli??

Thanks! BYE!



~ Elder 9 




- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Elder Boyd K Packer's Quote:

“William Ernest Henley wrote "Invictus," a proud, almost defiant expression that concludes:
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

[Echoes, 1888, No. 4, In Memoriam R. T. Hamilton Bruce ("Invictus"), stanza 4]

Some years ago an answer to "Invictus" was given. Let me quote it to you:

Art thou in truth?
Then what of Him who bought thee with His blood?
Who plunged into devouring seas
And snatched thee from the flood?

Who bore for all our fallen race
What none but him could bear—
The God who died that man might live
And endless glory share.

Of what avail thy vaunted strength
Apart from His vast might?
Pray that His light may pierce the gloom
That thou mayest see aright.

Men are as bubbles on the wave,
As leaves upon the tree,
Thou, captain of thy soul! Forsooth,
Who gave that place to thee?

Free will is thine—free agency,
To wield for right or wrong;
But thou must answer unto Him
To whom all souls belong.

Bend to the dust that "head unbowed,"
Small part of life's great whole,
And see in Him and Him alone,
The captain of thy soul.

["The Soul's Captain," Improvement Era, May 1926, opposite inside front cover]

And who wrote that? Orson F. Whitney of the Council of the Twelve Apostles, a gifted and inspired poet whose work is virtually unknown in the Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment