Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Mission Letter Week 67 - 27 October 2014

Hey Guys!!

Emily!

YOWZA!! You had a crazy fun party!! I wish I could have been there for it! :) But, the work must go on. I love the part where the guy at The Time Machine SHOVED the food up your nose!! That's the kind of stuff that gets remembered over the years. Hahaha. I'll challenge you to another game of Foosball when I get home. ;) Love you Emi! Have a swelltastic kinda week!

Mama,

My talk with President went very well. I LOVE talking with that man. He understood everything on what seemed to be a personal level and then said the exact same thing you guys have said...funny how that works out. So yeah, I'm staying and I'm happy for it too! :D Thank you for all the love, support and guidance in the matter!

That is way cool about Elder Swalberg! I'll have to email Elder  Peterson about that sometime!!

I can't wait to meet LR! I hope it works out soon! Mid-November is when transfers are and there is a decent chance I'll leave...but I might stay in Bakersfield, who knows?!

That letter you sent over DearElder was fantastic, and so very true. We are all given trials or "cups" and we have to work through them to get the blessings and to learn...Sometimes it really sucks, but at least it doesn't suck as much as what Christ had to go through. And then to think that the Man that went through all that and lived, is on my side, trying to help me get through something much smaller. Dadgum, I can do anything with that kind of pro-level help!

I can testify over and over again of our Savior's love for us and His desire to help us because I have felt that on such a personal level that I couldn't deny it even if I got tortured for a million years!!…..Sorry, don't mean to be morbid- haha.

"The heck with everyone else", I quote you, my dear mother. It doesn't matter what others say or how they try to drag us down. I know who I am and what I am here for...you tell me otherwise and I'll tell you where to go stick your nose!! IN THE SCRIPTURES!! Okay, maybe that was funnier in my head...moving on.

Let us drink of the bitter cup.… ‘cause the cake right after will taste SO much better. (I made that one up right there).

Brakster,

Good boy. Do service. Your example of that Christlike service and love has taken me far and is one of my strong points…which, of course, means I wouldn't get "wounded" there (in that area of my life), but that's beside the point. You have taught me well. Thank you for that. Love you!

I'm going to put up pics now!! LOVE YOU GUYS!


~ Elder 9

P.S.
Also the pictures are going up (in Dropbox)…so for explanation, the ones at the park are from right before transfers, (I wish I had time for the videos too, that'll have to be next week though.) The ones at transfer meeting are with Elder Patterson and his mom as he departed the mission and with with Elder Norton because this is his last transfer and I didn’t know if I'd get another chance to say goodbye. :) And then there's some raccoons that we found at night...and that’s not even all of them...there were over 30 of them there I think! O.o
…… the pics are done loading and I have to leave now. LOVE YOU!!!



P-day Time at the Park
(Preparation Day, used for chores, personal shopping, and wholesome recreation time)








Elder Nine had served in the same District as this Elder (below) a year ago, and the two companionships shared the same rental unit. This Elder has just completed his mission and his parents surprised him by arriving at the last transfer meeting. People were wondering why he was hugging this lady for so strongly and for so long, when they are not allowed to hug members of the opposite sex. Turns out it was his mother!
What a joyful (and surprising!) reunion!
(Cannot wait till it's my turn!)


His first companion and trainer!




No comments:

Post a Comment