Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Mission Letter Week 66 - 20 October 2014

Hey guys! There's a lot to say today so I hope I can get it all out...

I'll start by replying to letter in the mail.

L.R.: Yes that is our number, and I am anxiously awaiting more details :D President asked me about it in emails today but I told him I haven't heard of any arrangements yet...

Elder Packer Quote: I meant the quote about music. :)

....

I like that quote by Martin Luther King Jr. you shared. ("Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.") VERY true. That's why they make flashLIGHTS and not flashDARKS...that's why Christ used LOVE, not anger or hatred.

And Braky, I like that Hinckley quote too:

"I was not well when I arrived. Those first few weeks, because of illness and the opposition which we felt, I was discouraged. I wrote a letter home to my good father and said that I felt I was wasting my time and his money. He was my father and my stake president, and he was a wise and inspired man. He wrote a very short letter to me which said, “Dear Gordon, I have your recent letter. I have only one suggestion: forget yourself and go to work.”

You told me that right before I left, and I have been trying to live by it ever since. It has been one of the few things that has truly lifted me up. Very much truth. Trusting and relying on my Savior has easily been my biggest lesson. Without Him I am nothing. With Him, I can do anything.

Questions from the letter:
I really enjoyed the poem reply and I am going to save that one. :)

I do still have the Christmas binder and I'll be using it. :D and I'll send the stocking back at the start of November, after payday haha.

Nothing yet on the iPads except that it should be soon...I hope it's before Christmas and that we can Skype with them but that is doubtful...

Good anti flu advice...they are telling us to get flu shots...and I'm telling them where to sti- I should be far more appropriate than that.......AHEM!

Thank you :)

EMILY!

That is a really cool lesson you had! Bro H. is a very good man and very smart too :) And what he shared with you about missionary work is true...sometimes we don't have success. Sometimes our friends will say no. But what matters is that we love them enough to invite anyways. If they do say no, go on being friends and it doesn't have to change a thing...but think about the chance that they could say yes!! THAT is exciting.

And what else is exciting is that swing dance and relay thing coming up!! I DO love swing dancing! :D I hope it goes well!! Either way just remember to have fun and "just go with it"!  GOOD LUCK!! Love you lots, Emi, talk to you next week!


Mama, to the other questions in the email:

#1 The tortas were SOOOOO GOOD!!!! :D and then homemade ice cream after...but easily the best part is always Brother V's homemade guac!! >:D Anytime they ask for what our preferences are, I just ask for the guacamole :)))))))) "It brings out my happy!"

#1 pt2 I've pretty much shared all the details of everything by now...so yeah :) but thank you for the much needed refresher on all those things you mentioned...the blessing, my setting apart, everything else...

#3 yes that was correct number to give to L. :)

#4 That is the word going around about transfers, so I am guessing that's right

#5 Elder Parsons and I are doing okay. We are a compatible companionship and that's what matters. We have fun, work hard, and do get along well.

I love and miss you guys too! Thank you for all the love and support. It is much desired, needed, and appreciated!


Love you guys!!


BTW, if you could clear my Dropbox so I can use it again that'd be great cause I only have 2 GB to use on it...and I figured you could just save them and clear it out...  I'll send stuff next week through that if you clear it out! :D


~ Elder 9 


Again, the wonderful people in Bakersfield watch out for our missionaries and snap quick photos, whether at Church or at dinner, to send home to moms. I'm SO thankful for these wonderful folks that spoil us like this! I try hard to not take it for granted.








No comments:

Post a Comment